TransLantau™ by UTMB® – a leading race in Hong Kong and hugely popular amongst international runners with 43 different nationalities represented at the last edition – has been confirmed as the latest event in Asia to join the UTMB® World Series.
Taking place in November 2022, the event will offer three races on Lantau Island including 25km, 50km, and 100km, giving runners the chance to experience the wildest island of Hong Kong territories.
TransLantau™ by UTMB® to give runners of all abilities the chance to escape the city and connect with nature on Hong Kong’s wildest island
The demanding course is on trails for 80% of the race, covering two country parks. Participants get to connect with nature as they push their limits and immerse themselves in a landscape of undulating hills and long coastline, untouched by the urbanization of Hong Kong. The course takes runners on an authentic journey, past iconic locations including Tai O fishing village, Big Buddha, and Po Lin monastery.
Clement Dumont, Race Director TransLantau™ by UTMB®, said: “UTMB Group and The IRONMAN Group have joined forces to continue developing the sport of trail running. UTMB® World Series brings an elevated race experience to trail runners around the world. We are thrilled to have TransLantau™ by UTMB® as part of the UTMB® World Series to let runners discover the unique environment of Hong Kong, a combination of a fast-paced city and remote country parks. TransLantau™ by the UTMB® team is now eager to put all their efforts to deliver an event inspired by the high-quality standards from the pinnacle event of UTMB® Mont-Blanc. A dream that becomes reality for the Hong Kong trail running community.”
Entries will open in March 2022. For more information, visit the event website www.translantau.com
UTMB® World Series 2022 confirmed Events
To date, 15 unique events have now been confirmed as part of the inaugural UTMB® World Series debuting in 2022, with more to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Tarawera™ Ultramarathon by UTMB® (New Zealand), 12 February
- Ultra-Trail Australia™ by UTMB® (Australia), 12-15 May
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 11 June
- mozart 100® by UTMB® (Austria), 18 June
- Lavaredo Ultra Trail by UTMB® (Italy), 23-26 June
- Trail 100 Andorra-Pyrenees by UTMB® (Andorra), 24-26 June
- Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run (USA), 25-26 June
- Val d’Aran by UTMB® (Spain), 7-10 July
- UTMB® Mont-Blanc (France, Italy, Switzerland), 22-28 August
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 22-25 September
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (Mexico), October
- TransLantau™ by UTMB® (Hong Kong), November
- Thailand by UTMB® (Thailand), November/December
- Panda Trail by UTMB® (China), dates TBC
- Gaoligong by UTMB® (China), dates TBC
Relevant article: UTMB® World Series Explained