First UTMB® World Series Majors confirmed in Spain and Hong Kong
— UTMB® World Series Majors for 2022/23 season confirmed in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions, with US Major to be revealed at a later date giving runners more opportunities to reach the UTMB® World Series Finals in Chamonix, 2023 —
— 27 international events are now confirmed for the inaugural UTMB® World Series in 2022, with the full calendar of 30 events to be announced in the new year —
TransLantau™ by UTMB® – a leading race in Hong Kong – has been confirmed as the 2022/23 Asia-Pacific Major. Taking place from the 3-6 November 2022, the event will offer four races on Lantau Island ranging from 25km, 50km, 100km and a new 140km distance, allowing runners to escape the urbanization of the city and discover the wilderness of Hong Kong.
The 2022/23 US Major will be confirmed in the coming months, and will take place at the beginning of 2023, forming part of the qualification for the first ever UTMB® World Series Finals in Chamonix, August 2023.
Taking place from the 7-10 July 2022, Val d’Aran by UTMB® is set to become the first-ever European UTMB® World Series Major for the 2022/23 season. The event gives runners the chance to experience the wild side of the Spanish Pyrenees across four distances – 161km, 105km, 55km and 15km – and in its inaugural edition in 2021, welcomed over 3,000 runners from 75 different nationalities.
The UTMB® World Series Majors offer additional qualification chances for the UTMB® World Series Finals with the top 10 male and top 10 female runners in each of the 50K, 100K and 100M categories automatically winning their place at the 2023 Finals start line. Regular runners will also collect double the amount of Running Stones compared to other UTMB® World Series Events, increasing their chance of being selected through the UTMB® Mont-Blanc 2023 registration lottery.
UTMB® World Series 2022 confirmed Events (As of 16 December 2021)
27 leading international events across 18 countries are now confirmed for the first ever UTMB® World Series, promising runners of all abilities from around the world the chance to immerse themselves in the UTMB® experience. UTMB® World Series Events are the only place where runners can collect running stones and begin their journey to UTMB® Mont-Blanc – the new home of the UTMB® World Series Finals.
- Tarawera™ Ultramarathon by UTMB® (New Zealand), 12 February
- Istria 100 by UTMB® (Croatia), 7-10 April
- Canyons Endurance Runs by UTMB®, (USA) 23 April
- MIUT by UTMB®, (Madeira) 23 April
- adidas TERREX Innsbruck Alpine Trailrun Festival by UTMB®, (Austria) 5-8 May
- Ultra-Trail Australia™ by UTMB® (Australia), 12-15 May
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 11 June
- mozart 100™ by UTMB® (Austria), 18 June
- La Sportiva®Lavaredo Ultra Trail® by UTMB® (Italy), 23-26 June
- Trail 100 Andorra™ by UTMB® (Andorra), 24-26 June
- Western States® 100-Mile Endurance Run (USA), 25-26 June
- Speedgoat Mountain Races by UTMB® (USA), July
- Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB®, (Wales), 1-3 July
- Restonica Trail by UTMB® (France) 7-9 July
- Val d’Aran by UTMB® (Spain), 7-10 July
- Trail Verbier Saint-Bernard by UTMB®, (Switzerland), 8-10 July
- Eiger Ultra Trail by UTMB®, (Switzerland), 15-17 July
- Wildstrubel by UTMB®, (Switzerland), 8-11 September
- Julian Alps by UTMB®, (Slovenia), 16-17 September
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 22-25 September
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (Mexico), October
- Kullamannen by UTMB®, (Sweden) 4 November
- Thailand by UTMB® (Thailand), 10-13 November
- TransLantau™ by UTMB® (Hong Kong), 3-6 November
- Panda Trail by UTMB® (China), dates TBC
- Gaoligong by UTMB® (China), dates TBC
- UTMB® World Series Finals; UTMB® Mont-Blanc (France, Italy, Switzerland), 22-28 August